This week has been all about building, building, building. Now the team takes one last deep breath before the plunge into the final weekend. 4 days left!Read More
As we come into the final week of our build season, the Robowranglers' 2018 robot took the field. It entered the arena for the first time not as a lab rat undergoing testing, but as an athlete of the sport ready to play.Read More
We build. We test. We tweak. Two steps forward, one step back. Thankfully things are starting to go our way. On day 32 we also received a HUGE reminder about why we're doing all this...Read More
On Day 29 after hours of assembly work, after visits from several specials guests, the Robowranglers slapped together four major subsystems into something that looks like a robot... and there were a lot of relieved smiles. "I love it when a plan comes together!"Read More
The last set of sheet-metal is here. Critical parts from all over the country have arrived. Let's get this thing built so we can test it, break it, and make it better!Read More
The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don’t want it badly enough. They’re there to stop the other people.Read More
After a well-earned Sunday off, the Robowranglers hit the ground running in week4. Since the #1 drivetrain worked as expected, full production on #2 and #3 has begun... however we are facing one of our toughest challenges: "The Slump".Read More
After "overwhelming demand" from the Day 21/22's post, I passed along the requests to my mother for her brownie recipe. Her response is below.
I love that "Brownies are an iterative process."
This recipe is intended for anyone willing to take the easy route:
1. Buy a box of Brownie mix (any brand you like or think you'll like because it looks appealing on the box).
2. Follow the directions regarding additional ingredients (water? oil? eggs?) and mix well.
3. Add broken/chopped walnuts AND handfuls of raisins and stir again to incorporate them. This step COULD BE iterative, depending on the baker.
4. Bake according to package directions, but remember to test before totally removing the pan from the oven.
5. ENJOY and accept the fact that brownies need both walnuts and raisins to satisfy one particular Robowrangler mentor and blogger.
6. Convert -- this is NOT the dark side; the force will be with you.
For those of you who would NEVER purchase a boxed brownie mix, use your own homemade recipe and add walnuts and raisins (step 3 above).
Love to all -- I'll be cheering you on from upstate New York!
Proud Mom and Team 148 Fan
The team "huddle up" discussion last weekend set strong overall-direction for the robot. Then the design team followed up with a strong push early this week. All eyes turned to the manufacturing war-machine of the Robowranglers - and it did not disappoint. On day 21, the first parts arrived and kicked-off one of the most special weekends of the Robowrangler season: "Sheet-metal Christmas."Read More