So you want to be part of a prank war with another team? Looking for a fun and culture enhancing back-and-forth with another team?
I highly recommend it. The bond between the Robowranglers and Robonauts was forged by playing together and against each other on the battlefield but was tempered through the great prank-war between our teams.
The Six Prank Rules:
(Okay... they're more like guidelines than rules.)
- Own it. Make sure they know right away that it is from your team.
- Don't impact their ability to compete. Nothing which might cause damage to the robot, or their ability to use the robot. Nothing which might cause "undue" psychological duress to their team-members.
- Do it with love. Make sure they know "we prank because we care."
- Try not to make it a joke at anyone's expense. The laugh should be about the insanity of the prank, not at the team being pranked. Self-deprecating pranks are wonderful. (We once gave 118 an empty box labeled "Robowrangler 2017 Gold Medals")
- Go over the top. The more insane the better.
- You can get away with anything... IF it's funny. So it better be funny. (Unfunny thinks can be made funny if they're insane enough.)
"JVN... thank you so much for these guidelines. Can you give me some prank ideas?"
No. We are barely creative enough to keep up with 118.
"We'd like to be in a prank war with the Robowranglers. You guys seem like fun!"
Thanks... but we've already got our chosen dance partner. If you prank us, we'll smile and laugh... but we're probably not going to prank you back.
Best of luck - and make sure to share your experience!